Jenny Craig's Weight Maintenance Program: Success or Failure?
When I try to get work in the US all they say is that I need to lose weight--but I bet they never said that to Mae West.When Consumer Reports rated the best diet programs, the editors rated Jenny Craig the top program, basing their findings on a study funded, in part, by no other than Jenny Craig. Consumer Reports made a lame attempt to use this small study (in which the participants were given, for two years of free Jenny Craig food and waived program fees) to prove that, overall, Jenny Craig members kept the weight off the longest.
But now I would like to cut through the BS and see how well Jenny Craig (and, eventually, other programs) really works in the weight maintenance department.
We all know that weight loss programs, even dangerous ones (which Jenny Craig is not), work for taking weight off. For example, I could go on a fasting diet for a week and lose a significant amount of weight, although it's not likely I'll keep the weight off.
But how well do the safe established programs help members keep the weight off?
This is what I would like to find out.
If you have been on Jenny Craig, paid for your own fees and food, and have completed the program by reaching goal weight, I would like to hear from you, either via email or comment on this post (below).
If you are a current Jenny Craig member, still in the weight-loss phase, I'm not really interested in hearing from you. I would expect you to be gung-ho about the program.
1. How long have you been on Jenny Craig?Comments are moderated, to weed out spam, porn, and irrelevant text.
2. How much weight have you lost?
3. How long have you kept the weight off? Are you at or near your goal weight right now?
4. Have you regained any of your weight? If so, how much?
5. How would you rate program support during the weight-loss phase?
6. How have the required Jenny Craig foods helped you? Not helped you?
7. How would you rate program support for weight maintenance? Do you receive any special rewards for maintaining your weight loss, such as a free/reduced cost lifetime membership or program fee rebates?
8. If you could go back in time, would you still choose Jenny Craig? Why or why not?
9. What is your gender and age? (I'm not interested in personal information, for example, no need to reveal your actual name, just some general info).
10. Is there anything you would like to add that I might have forgotten to ask?